It’s June – my favourite time of year – and the sun is (finally) out. We still have Wimbledon Fortnight to look forward to. And of course, the summer sales, which seem to be starting earlier each year….
Everyone loves bagging a bargain, but sales shopping is often hot, fraught and stressful. To help ease the pain, here are my five top tips for surviving the onslaught and securing the pieces you covet:
- Prioritise your sales ‘must-haves’ and make a list. Are there gaps in your wardrobe that need filling? Do you need specific items for your holiday?
- Stick to this list. Don’t get distracted by ‘too good to be true’ bargains – they usually are. Sometimes shops include past season stock that just hasn’t sold, and for good reason
- Build relationships with the staff in your chosen shops. Make sure you’re on their mailing list as you’ll get advance notice of the sales (or better yet, invitations to pre-sale events)
- If you prefer to shop online, it’s worth doing some ‘bricks and mortar’ research first. If you can, go and try on the pieces you want – that way you’ll know the exact size, colour and fit saving you the hassle of returns
- I know your holidays are precious – but taking a day off and shopping mid-week can pay dividends in time and stress. Do this early in the sale period – after week two there’s not much good stuff left anyway
Happy shopping !