It seems crazy to me that we make resolutions at the start of the new year. Yes, it’s ‘new’, but January is also the darkest, dreariest, I’m-feeling-fat, we’re-all-broke-after-Christmas month. Wouldn’t March be a better time to resolve to be happier, lose weight and reinvent ourselves, as spring is truly a time of rebirth?
So if we have to make resolutions now, why not make some style resolutions. Much easier to stick to! And no guilt if you don’t!
Here are mine for 2015:
- I will continue to be true to my style in 2015 (yes, I know, this one’s a bit of a cheat as I have discovered a style that works for me…). I will not be diverted by catwalk trends (ok, maybe one or two…)
- Neither will I be distracted by so-called sale ‘bargains’ that end up as outfit ‘orphans’ in my wardrobe
- I will detox my basics and revamp my underwear drawer at least once this year (this one is my husband’s favourite)
- I will buy a new winter coat before the end of November when all the best ones are gone
- I will wear heels more often. And follow the advice I give to my clients by wearing them with my boyfriend jeans and black Joseph jacket – a great combination
Tweet me with your style resolutions at @alwayschicUK and have a fantastic January.