Many people think it’s somehow negative to hire a personal stylist. That they’re admitting that they don’t know how to dress or that they look awful. Nothing could be further from the truth. In previous posts, I’ve talked about honesty and objectivity, and saving time and money. Here’s reason number three: I make it easier for you to look great.
Yes, I’m an investment. But I also make dressing well easier for you.
- I help you to understand what works for you and what doesn’t. That way you can disregard the noise and distractions of trends, styles and colours that don’t work, and concentrate on the ones that do
- I help you to focus – equipped with your ‘gap list’ (that I work with you to produce) you will know exactly which items you need to buy to make your wardrobe work harder for you. Shopping is easier, and this approach saves you time and money too !
- If you absolutely hate shopping (or even thinking about clothes) I make the whole process easier by taking away the pain. I do the research, I scout options for you, I bring you items to try on without you having to worry
One of my clients, Susan, told me she ‘dislikes shopping intensely’. After we worked together she said, ‘On our shopping trip, [Samantha] had already scouted a few options for me and selected certain shops so it was very focused. I achieved more than I expected: a wedding outfit, an informal but professional work style and new basics to go with everything I already own.’
And Amy: ‘Sam had prepared a rail of clothing for me, full of pieces I probably would never have picked up and I ended up buying most of them because they looked great! I now have a capsule wardrobe of clothes that really work. Sam has such a great eye for pulling together a look that is modern in a classic way without being slavishly trendy.’
I can make dressing well easier for you, too. Contact me today.
Some people think it’s somehow negative to hire a personal stylist. That they’re admitting that they don’t know how to dress or that they don’t look ‘quite right’. Nothing could be further from the truth. There are a number of very positive reasons that people hire me as their personal stylist, and one of the most important is that I offer honesty and objectivity.
We all have far too many clothes (me included), and we often have emotional attachments to them. Sometimes these emotional attachments are valid, but sometimes they are unnecessary (and can hold you back). With so many clothes, often people can’t see the wood for the trees: it’s difficult to be objective and honest with yourself when your wardrobe is full to overflowing. This is where a personal stylist like me can help.
And here’s something really interesting that I’ve discovered working with clients and observing people’s behaviour: sometimes our partners/best friends/spouses aren’t completely truthful about what suits us or what we should be buying. I’ve witnessed more than one example of someone persuading his or her partner/friend not to buy something, even though that item looked great and he or she loved it.
When you hire me, you get honesty and objectivity, built on a solid foundation of trust. With my objective, non-emotional eye, I can help you:
- make decisions about clothing that you may be having doubts about
- get a clearer picture of your ‘style identity’, whatever that may be
- recognise if your existing wardrobe is helping or hindering you in reaching your goals
But don’t just take my word for it. Here’s what Katharine says: I was hesitant to ask for help – surely by now I should know what suits me. After all, I would be admitting to some shortcomings on my part. Wow, what a difference Samantha makes. She makes you feel comfortable with your own style and guarantees you outfits that you have not thought of before. She offers ideas, recommendations and suggestions with integrity and honesty… I felt stylish, inspired and organised! At a recent interview, I was easily the best dressed and it gave me more presence than the others. I got the job…
Contact me today if you’d like to benefit from some honest and objective style advice.